[Please contact us if you would like to receive a copy of this page in the Simplified Chinese language. 如果您想收到本页面的简体中文版，请联系我们。]
These Terms and Conditions of Sale apply to the purchase of Our products. Please read them carefully and make sure that you understand them before ordering any products from Us. You must be 18 years or over to order products from Us.
(1) Information about Us
This website (louisawestwood.com) is owned and operated by Louisa Westwood (“We”, “Us”, “Our”), Suite 23, Fifth Floor, 63/66 Hatton Garden, London, EC1N 8LE. Our VAT number is 358317187. You can contact Us by emailing email@example.com.
If you are interested in purchasing a product from Us, please do not hesitate to get in touch for availability and pricing.
If you decide to make a purchase, We will require your first name, surname, email address, telephone number, invoicing and delivery address for invoicing purposes. We will then send you an invoice by email, and request that you make payment by bank transfer.
Once payment has been received, We will confirm your order by email at which time, these Terms and Conditions shall apply. Within 3 working days of receipt of payment, your product will be dispatched / work will begin on your made-to-order product.
Please note that:
- Made-to-order products can take approximately 12 – 16 weeks to complete, depending on Our workload, the complexity of the piece and the availability of precious materials.
- Each product is priced individually and, once sold, it may not be possible to remake it for the same price.
We offer complimentary shipping to most countries worldwide using Our specialist, fully insured courier. Hand-delivery may also be possible for customers in the London area.
Please note that:
- Due to the high-value nature of each product, all deliveries, including hand-deliveries, will require a signature, and photo identification may also be required.
- Depending on the value of the product, products may be delivered to a residential address or to Our courier’s collection office in the country of destination. Please contact Us if you have any queries.
- Products delivered outside of the U.K. may be subject to import duties and taxes, and any such payments will be your responsibility. Please note that We have no control over these charges and cannot predict their amount.
- Please note that We cannot be held responsible for any delays at customs clearance at the point of export.
- We will provide you with a formal receipt (proof of payment) for your records.
We hope that you will be delighted with your purchase.
However, if your product was ‘in stock‘ at the time of purchase, and you did not view it before purchase (i.e. it was a ‘distance’ sale), you may return it to Us within 28 days of delivery for a refund. Made-to-order, commissioned or adjusted products cannot be returned due to their personalised nature.
Please note that:
- You must notify Us by email of your wish to return the product, within 14 days of receipt. We will then email you instructions on how to return the product (see below). You must return the product within a further 14 days.
- To ensure a safe and secure return of the product, you must return it by the same method it was delivered (i.e. return it to Us by hand, or We will arrange for Our courier to collect). The product must be packed in exactly the same way as you received it.
- The product must be in new, unworn condition and in its original packaging. We cannot issue a refund if the product is returned in damaged or worn condition, or if the product is not returned / not correctly given to Our courier, as instructed.
- Refunds will made to the purchaser’s bank account, within 14 days of receipt of the returned product, for the sum paid less any taxes, duties and return postage charges.
We warrant that any product purchased from Us will, on delivery and for the following 12 months, conform in all material respects with its description, be of satisfactory quality, and be reasonably fit for purpose, for which products of that kind are commonly supplied. Please note that Our products are often fragile, and as such, they must be treated with appropriate care.
Whilst We make every effort to provide an accurate description of the products appearing on this website, such product descriptions could include technical, typographical, or photographic errors. Images may not be to scale and colours may vary depending on your computer settings. Made-to-order products may vary slightly from the images shown on this website.
If you are unavailable to accept delivery by Us or Our courier, for whatever reason, We will contact you for further instructions. If We are unable to contact you or re-arrange delivery within 30 days of the original delivery date, Our obligations to you under these Terms and Conditions will cease, in which case We may retain any monies paid by you and resell the product.
(8) Ownership and Damage
Ownership of the product will pass to you on delivery. From the time of delivery, the product will be your responsibility. As such, please check the package in the presence of Our courier in order to verify the condition of the product.
We will repair or replace, free of charge (including costs of re-delivery) any product which is damaged, where delivery is made by Our courier, but only if:
- you notify Us by email, within 24 hours of the delivery date;
- you produce to Us all documents relating to the damaged products and the original packaging for the damaged products; and
- you produce to Us photographs of the damage, where appropriate.
We will replace, free of charge (including costs of re-delivery) any product which is confirmed by Our courier as lost in transit. Where We cannot replace a product which has been lost in transit, We will offer a refund.
(9) Events Outside of Our Control
We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of Our obligations that are caused by events outside Our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-happening, omission or accident beyond Our reasonable control and includes in particular (without limitation) the following:
(a) strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action;
(b) civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war;
(c) fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster;
(d) impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport;
(e) impossibility of the use of public or private telecommunications networks;
(f) the acts, decrees, legislation, regulations or restrictions of any government; and
(f) pandemic or epidemic.
Our performance under these Terms and Conditions is deemed to be suspended for the period that the Force Majeure Event continues, and We will have an extension of time for performance for the duration of that period. We will use Our reasonable endeavours to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which Our obligations may be performed despite the Force Majeure Event.
(10) Our Liability
If We fail to meet Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions, We shall only be liable to you for the purchase price of the product. We will not be liable for any other losses that result from Our failure to meet Our obligations under these Terms and Conditions, including those that fall into the following categories (a) loss of income or revenue, (b) loss of business, and (c) loss of profits.
(11) Written Communication
All formal communication and notices by you, must be made in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may give notice to you at either the email or postal address you provide to Us when placing an order. Notice will be deemed received and properly served 24 hours after an e-mail is sent, or three days after the date of posting of any letter.
We may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time. Every time you wish to order a product, please check these Terms and Conditions to ensure you understand the terms which will apply at that time.
(13) Third Party Rights
A person who is not party to these Terms and Conditions shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
(14) Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.